The APRN’s Effect on Women’s Health and the Use of Motivational Interviewing to Increase Knowledge around the Importance of Preventive Guidelines.Watch the video about Motivational Interview of a woman who is pregnant and continuing to drink alcohol.Motivational Interviewing: Discussing Alcohol Use in PregnancyVideo: https://youtu.be/V2yXX7M8egwConsider what you learned from the video, along with other content that has been discussed in this course. For your initial post, choose ONE of the three scenarios presented below and answer the following questions. (Please include at least three scholarly sources within your initial post):Questions:- As an APRN, how could you positively affect the health of the woman in the scenario you chose?- What would be the pros and cons of utilizing the technique of Motivational Interviewing with the woman in the scenario.- Trial the techniques you have read about over the previous few weeks related to Motivational Interviewing with a coworker, family or friend. What was this experience like? Do you see benefits to becoming more comfortable with this technique? Why or why not? (Please, answer YES, and explain why?)Note: Choose only ONE topic/scenario.Scenarios:1. A 34-year-old female who is 36 weeks pregnant – G2P1AB0 – presents to your office complaining of shortness of breath and ankle swelling. She states she has had “the flu” for several days and is insistent that this is why she can’t stop coughing. She is obviously short of breath when talking. In reviewing her chart, you can see she has a history of hypertension. She states she “”officially” stopped her blood pressure medications when she found out she was pregnant but admits that she rarely took her pills anyway, so “no big deal.”2. Sumar has just found out she is pregnant and presents to the local free clinic. She is a 26-year-old G2P0AB1, and her first OB appointment is in two weeks. Sumar thinks she is about 12 to 14 weeks pregnant. She has come to the clinic complaining of indigestion. You notice the strong smell of cigarette smoke, and she admits she smokes one pack of cigarettes a day but states she is smoking less now since she started vaping.3. You are seeing a 19-year-old female for STI screening. When reviewing her health and sexual history to determine her risk, she indicates she has had several new partners over the past six months and that she has not been using condoms but does have an IUD. She has started smoking marijuana and has dabbled with some other prescription medications over the previous two months. She is worried about having contracted an STI because she has noticed some “cauliflower” type bumps “down there” and would like to be tested.This is a TPAL terminology for a better understanding of the above scenarios.G = Gravida (number of pregnancies)P = Para (Number of births after 20 weeks)AB = AbortionsINSTRUCTIONS- Please include at least 3 scholarly sources within your initial post.- APA style.- Turnitin Assignment (No plagiarism)Note: My background for you to have as a reference: I am currently enrolled in the Psych Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program, I am a Registered Nurse. I work in a Psychiatric Hospital.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.