due in 24 hours
attachedDiscussion: Assessment at the Micro and Macro Levels
Assessment is a structured approach to gathering and analyzing information about the client system and their story. How is the assessment process different when the client system is an individual or family versus a community made up of individuals and families?
Assessment involves gathering the needed information in order to determine appropriate intervention. Thorough assessment allows social workers to identify the problems that need to be addressed. Complex social problems often mean that both the micro and macro level factors contribute to social work cases.
In this Discussion, you compare differences in the assessment stage at different practice levels.
By Day 3
Post a response to the following:
· Describe the assessment process as related to individuals and families.
· Briefly identify the types of information it is important to gather.
· Compare how assessment at the macro level is similar and dissimilar than at the micro level.
· Explain how you would gather the needed information at the macro level.
· Identify a situation where a client system (micro or macro) may be reluctant to engage in the assessment process.
Support your post with examples from the course text and any other resources used to respond to this Discussion. Demonstrate that you have completed the required readings, understand the material, and are able to apply the concepts. Include a full reference of resources at the bottom of the post.
Kirst-Ashman, K. K., & Hull, G. H., Jr. (2018).
Empowerment series: Understanding generalist practice (8th ed.). CENGAGE Learning.
· Chapter 5, “Engagement and Assessment in Generalist Practice” (pp. 175–223)
Document: Kaltura Personal Capture—Guide (PDF)
Follow these instructions to record/upload your video.
Kaltura – Posting your video to the classroom (PDF)
Follow these instructions to place your video in the desired location in the classroom.
Document: Kaltura Automatic Captioning (PDF)
John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (2014).
Clinical interviewing: Intake, assessment & therapeutic alliance: With John Sommers-Flanagan, PhD and Rita Sommers-Flanagan, PhD (Playlist “active listening”). [Video].
Walden University. (2018, 2021).
Child welfare [Video]. https://class.waldenu.edu
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 5–7 minutes.
Child Welfare Transcript [PDF]
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.