CRITICAL APPRAISAL OF RESEARCH
Research Critical Appraisal
Course: NURS-6052. Essentials of Evidenced Based Practice
Research is one of the major contributors to professional development in most career fields, especially in the health care industry, since it helps healthcare providers adjust, inform, and monitor specific ways of providing care. The possibility to analyze research evidence properly is important to avoid assuming that all the carried out research are of equal quality and rationality. This paper critically analyzes some of the best practices that emerge in the research article: ‘Phillips, J. L., Jaworska, N., Kamler, E., Bhat, V., Blier, J., Foster, J. A., … & Moazamigoudarzi, Z. (2020). A randomized, crossover comparison of ketamine and electroconvulsive therapy for the treatment of major depressive episodes: a Canadian biomarker integration network in depression (CAN-BIND) study protocol. BMC Psychiatry, 20, 1-11.’ Best practices represent high-quality care, which is focused on the most favorable convincing standards of care and directs the care providers on solutions or strategies to recognize a problem.
One of the best practices that the research brings out is the high-quality patient care provision and discharge during the study. In this research, the inclusion of participants into the study followed a well provided written informed consent prior to initiating the patients into the study or any procedures related to the study. The participants chosen for the study were inpatient and outpatients who were eligible for standard ECT, and they were willing to accept allocation to either ECT or IV ketamine arms. In the research to ensure that ECT and ketamine treatment was suitable for the eligible participants, they underwent a comprehensive medical workup that involves a medical history, vital signs measurements, physical examination, pregnancy screening, and recording associated medical jurisdiction. The researchers administered ECT according to the standards of care, selecting particular treatment variables through the psychiatrist’s judgment, who was providing care. There has been established a data and safety surveilling team to check and maintain participants’ safety and treatment effectiveness in the process of the study. According to Mathew et al. (2019), this study assist individuals with major depression that is resistant to other antidepressant and the results of this research can also help the physicians to find a new treatment strategy.
Mathew, S. J., Wilkinson, S. T., Altinay, M., Asghar-Ali, A., Chang, L. C., Collins, K. A., … & Malone, D. A. (2019). ELEctroconvulsive therapy (ECT) vs. Ketamine in patients with Treatment-resistant Depression: The ELEKT-D study protocol. Contemporary Clinical Trials, 77, 19-26.
Phillips, J. L., Jaworska, N., Kamler, E., Bhat, V., Blier, J., Foster, J. A., … & Moazamigou
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.