elaboratePsychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner
The primary role of a psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner is providing psychotherapy and educating patients and families.
One of the problems that has been experienced in psychiatry is stigma, discrimination and prejudice.
This issue has presented certain effects like delay in seeking help, burnout among health care providers and poor services.
One of the theories that is relevant to the specialty is the modelling and role modelling theory.
Psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioners usually play a key role in promoting health care. Their primary role is providing psychotherapy and educating patients and families. However, patients and health care providers are facing various issues particularly stigma, discrimination and prejudice which has negatively affected the provision of health care services. The modelling and role modelling theory is one of the theories that is relevant and can greatly help to deal with the problem and may be used as a framework to guide evidence-based practice.
Modelling and Role Modelling Theory
It was developed by Helen Erickson, Evelyn Tomlin and Mary Anne and was published in 1983.
This theory helps health care providers to care for and nurture every patient based on their needs.
Commonalities in the theory include attachment and loss, basic needs, holism and cognitive stages.
Differences in the theory include self-care, stress, adaptation, model of the world and inherent endowment.
The modelling and role modelling theory was developed by Helen Erickson, Evelyn Tomlin and Mary Anne and was published in 1983. This is a crucial theory in nursing because it helps health care providers to care and nurture patients while upholding the awareness and respect of every patient’s uniqueness (Smith, 2019). Due to that, this theory is considered to support clinical practices that concentrate on the needs of patients. The theory looks at certain elements like attachment and loss, holism, basic needs and cognitive stages. It focuses on certain differences amongst people including stress, self-care, adaptation, model of the world and inherent endowment.
Relevance of the Theory
Modelling involves health care providers seeking to know and understand patients’ personal model of their world.
Health care providers learn to appreciate the value of patients’ personal model of the world and its importance.
This theory acknowledges that all human beings have unique perspectives about their world.
Health care providers are able to develop an image and understanding of patients’ perspective and personal model of the world.
The modelling and role modelling theory is relevant to my nurse practitioner specialty since it entails crucial aspects that promote the well-being of patients. During the modelling process, nurses are able to find out and comprehend the personal model of patients and learn ho
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.