Assignment 2: Course Project, Part II: Define Indicators
Go to the HealthGrades Web site’s Patient Safety Excellence Award™ Recipients 2014 page and review the Patient Safety report of one of the hospitals listed there. Here’s how:
The “Patient Safety Excellence Award™ Recipients
2014” page lists hospitals that received the award. Click one of the
hospitals, and you will be taken to that hospital’s Hospital Quality
report. Click the report’s Patient Safety tab and scroll down to the “Patient Safety Indicators” table.
Examine the information in the safety report from the
point of view of a patient. State how patient safety ratings would
influence your choice of hospital. Which, for you, are the most critical
indicators? Give reasons citing indicators and results for those chosen
indicators. Write your analysis in one page.
Now, think like a risk manager. List the safety indicators that pertain to the high-risk area you selected in Week 1.
This will require some research. Chart audits are widely used, but the
information in them varies. For example, checking for proper signatures
on all forms and orders can be used universally, while daily recording
of medication refrigeration temperature will only be used in some areas.
Select a minimum of three and a maximum of four indicators for measurement in your quality improvement program.
For each indicator, include the following information:
Describe the indicator.
Explain why this indicator is suitable for the high-risk area you have chosen.
Describe and explain how you will measure this indicator.
Finally, explain how these indicators taken together cover all aspects of quality in the high-risk area.
Put together your analysis of patient safety ratings and your list of indicators.
Submit it to the W2: Assignment 2 Dropbox by Tuesday, March 15, 2016.
Name your file SUO_HCM4002_W2_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
On a separate page, cite all sources using the APA format.
Assignment 2 Grading Criteria
Evaluated information in sample safety report.
Listed 3 or 4 indicators relevant to the high-risk area selected for the project.
Justified choice of indicators.
Described and explained measurement for each indicator.
Presented a structured document free of spelling and grammatical errors.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.