Ethics:Medication Errors Led to Disastrous Outcomes1. Search the internet and learn about the cases of nurses Julie Thao and Kimberly Hiatt.2. List and discuss lessons that you and all healthcare professionals can learn from these two cases.3. Describe how the principle of beneficence and the virtue of benevolence could be applied to these cases. Do you think the hospital administrators handled the situations legally and ethically?4. In addition to benevolence, which other virtues exhibited by their colleagues might have helped Thao and Hiatt?5. Discuss personal virtues that might be helpful to second victims themselves to navigate the grieving process.What is your Implicit Bias?Implicit bias involves associations outside conscious awareness that leads to a negative evaluation of a person on the basis of irrelevant characteristics such as race, age or gender. The assignment is to take any one of the Implicit Association Tests (IAT) to measure attitudes and beliefs you may not know about consciously. The IAT may be especially interesting if it shows that you have an implicit bias attitude that you did not know about. For example, you may believe that women and men should be equally associated with science, but your automatic associations could show that you (like many others) associate men with science more than you associate women with science1.Log on to the Implicit Project:https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/takeatest.html2. Follow the directions and take an IAT on a topic of your choice3. What did you discover about yourself?4. Were you aware of the implicit bias you had toward the characteristic you selected?5. How will you use this information to guide your nursing practice?
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.