DB 5- Chapters 7, 8, 9- Choose from the topics below for your three discussions: at least one topic from Chapters 7-8, one from Chapter 9; the third is your choice (another one of the topics below)…1. Brainstorm instances where your knowledge of of energy metabolism will be useful. You can also make analogies. Think about what is needed to make the body work efficiently. What does it take for the body to be in homeostasis? You can also discuss any topic of your choice; topics in both chapters, especially chapter 8 is wide open. So. talk about what you have learned…..something new perhaps.Also: select a YouTube video or article from the web to share on this topic (metabolism), and review it. 2. What do you think of vitamin and mineral supplements? What about fat burning miracle supplements like carnitine? Do you take any supplements at all? If so, why? Find an article or YouTube on the pros/cons and /or safety/dangers of taking vitamin/mineral supplements and discuss. 3. The debate topic in chapter 8 is about pre-menstrual syndrome and vitamin B-6…what do you think? Discuss.B vitamins are also marketed as “stress relievers” and “energy enhancers”… your opinions on this?Back up your discussions with evidence.Chapter 9: 1. Fluid and electrolyte balance is a focus of Chapter 9. Dangers of both dehydration and overhydration (hyponatremia) are discussed. Research vacillates on how much we should be drinking; do you think thirst is the best indicator? How much water should we be drinking? Back up your discussion with evidence. Do you think bottled water is better for you than tap water, or not? Why? What do you think of sports beverages? Healthy, useful, or marketing hype? Do you like them? Do you think they are necessary for athletes? *** Also: Check out the Gatorade Sports Science Institute (GSSI) atwww.gssiweb.com. (features research studies on sports nutrition and hydration): http://www.gssiweb.org/en/sports-science-exchange/all/sports-nutrition (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Select a topic and research study/abstract that interests you (scroll down) and discuss– what did you learn?2. Hypertension and the roles of sodium are also discussed, as are the roles of potassium, magnesium and calcium (DASH diet- Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) for both prevention and treatment of high blood pressure. If you were to follow the DASH diet for one day…… how would you incorporate the 8-10 servings of fruits and vegetables into your diet? Make a plan…… also plan for inclusion of foods rich in magnesium and calcium….List other dietary and activity ideas so as to lower risk of hypertension (not looking at meds here). Also, find an article and or YouTube on this topic, include the link and discuss.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.