MLA.docxStudent Name: ________________________
This brief test will bring to your attention the details essential to accurately using MLA
documentation. At the same time it could also function as a worksheet that will help you all
through your writing in this course. (Read MLA-4 a, b, & c, PP 440-480, A Writer’s Reference,
before you do the quiz.)
Part I. Write correctly spaced and punctuated Works Cited entries using the following fabricated
1. A third edition of a book name Grammar Is Fun by Oliver M. Battleax. The book was
published by the Prentice Hall Book Publisher in New York, New York, in 1984.
2. An essay called Springsteen’s Special Magic by Carla Mayhem in a collection of essays
about rock and roll. The collection, edited by Tipper Gore, is entitled Jump On It, Baby.
It came out in May 1988, published by Macmillan Publishing Company in New York
City. The essay on Springsteen appears on pages 24 through 28.
3. An article called Madonna as Social Icon that was published in Cultural Currents in the
summer of 2000 in volume 7 of that periodical (meaning a scholarly journal or
magazine). Written by Camille Pretentious, the piece appeared on pages 27 through 32.
4. An article from the first page of section C in New York Times of April 13, 1998.
Entitled How to Train Your Bad Puppy, it was written by Morris E. Rich. It appeared on
the New York Times Online database and was accessed through Nexis-Lexis Academic
computer service on February 4, 1999.
Part II. Fill in the blanks:
The MLA style does away with footnotes in source documentation. Instead, the author of
the source and the appropriate ____________ number are given within the paper, surrounded by
_____________. The author’s name and the page number are separated by a ____________, not
a comma. Just the page number is cited if the author’s ___________ is mentioned in your
sentence. The Works Cited list, at the __________ of your paper, is organized according to the
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.